Saturday 27 August 2016

Variation of the 3-minute Keto Bread

Variation of the 3-minute Keto Bread



I am always on the lookout for a good, low carb bread recipe. I've been missing sandwiches so much :D
People went on and on and on about how great "Oopsie bread" was. It was a total pain in the butt to make, and I hated the taste of it. Some people said not to eat it alone. Now I know why. But even then, with sauces and fillings, I was still not able to actually finish a single "Oopsie" sandwich :/ 

Now I've been hearing about the 3-minute bread. The ingredients are 2 tbsp. of almond flour, and 1 egg. Stir. Fill the bottom of a container, and microwave for 1.5 minutes. Cut it in half, fill it with cheese and ham/chicken/turkey. Butter the outside of the slices and cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich.  

So here is how I made some good "bready" bread from that :D 

Gio's Grilled Bread

 Ingredients:
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
3 tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. bacon fat, or melted butter

Preparation: 
Mix all the ingredients. 
Spread the batter into a microwavable dish.
Microwave on high for about 1.5 minutes (time may vary depending on your microwave).
Cut the "bun" in half to make 2 slices, and do as you wish with it! 

You can eat it hot (I did that last night with the first experiment), with butter spread on it. Really good! Or you can grill the slices with a tiny bit of butter or bacon fat, on both sides, before making your sandwich. I just put lettuce, tomato, and fried sausage patties on the one pictured above. I wanted to taste it without too may condiments. It was delicious :D Now I want to try a BLT with mayo.... A salami sandwich with mustard.... Brie and Avocado with sprouts..... Grilled Veggies and cheese....

Nutritional info: 
Per one "bun", not including fat for grilling. 
Carbs: 6g
Fiber: 3g
NET Carbs: 3g
Protein: 13g
Fat: 47g

I have added the nutritional info into MyFitnessPal. You can search it as Almond Bread - Gio's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment