Tuesday 22 December 2009

Weekend of December 19th and 20th.

Nice relaxing weekend for a change. Got a little bit of quilt basting done. I pieced this one by hand and thinking about doing some hand quilting on it, and and tying with yarn at each corner of the blocks. I will take more pictures as I go along. Will have the quilt in the frame in no time! Binding is going to be light green, and I am giving it away as a present. I made this one for myself, because I liked the pattern so much, and it proved very easy to hand-piece, too. 
One of my quilting teachers, Leslie, designed it and picked the fabrics for it. Check out my favourite quilt store, Leslie and Adele's The Quilter's Palette. They are amazing, and a very helpful bunch up there, and very happy and willing to help even the most confused noob!


 We also got some cuddling done this weekend as you can see in this very adorable picture of the man hanging out with one of the "boys".
Tyler is an adorable pup. He will be 6 months old on December 25th! So he's getting to be a big boy, and we love him :o) Those adorable brown eyes just melt my heart :o) Lately he has a thing for laying on the couch, and I have to say we have "lost" him a couple of times, to then realize he is laying on the black leather couch and we just didn't notice cause he blends into the leather so well :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment